Forget chocolate and flowers! We’re going all things pork for this Valentine’s Day holiday. Breakfast in bed is the perfect way to surprise your someone special, and it wouldn’t be complete without Cheshire Pork’s heart-shaped bacon. In our latest Hog Blog, we’ll teach you how to create the most perfect heart made out of our Applewood Smoked Thick Sliced Bacon.
Our heart-shaped bacon pairs perfectly with a side of scrambled eggs and toast with jam. Just remember to wake up a little early to get cookin’ and surprise your sweetie this holiday.
Recipe: Heart-Shaped Bacon for Valentine’s Day
1/2 pound of Cheshire Pork’s Applewood Smoked Thick Sliced Bacon
- Preheat the oven to 425 F.
- Start by cutting each bacon strip in half.
- Line a baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper.
- Form two halves of the bacon pieces together into a heart shape. Ensure that they overlap quite a bit because the bacon will shrink during the baking process.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake the bacon for about 10 minutes, or until slightly crispy.
- Wait for the bacon to cool just a little, then lift each heart-shaped bacon piece off the baking sheet and place on a plate.