For generations, chefs have cherished the rich, fork-tender, and comforting flavor of a braised cross cut shank. Rich meaty bones on a platter laden heavy and smothered in your fabulous sauce. When braised slowly on low heat, the intense flavor and soft texture is revealed. Our all-natural Osso Buco is flat cut on the top and bottom so the meat will stand on its own for an impressive presentation.
Offered as a 4” portion you are sure to love this exclusive cut.
Eight pieces, 8 pounds
Cheshire Pork Osso Buco
Recipe by Chef Eric Gephart
Cook time: 7 Hours
Serves : 4
- 4 Cheshire Pork Shanks
- 3 Chunks of your favorite smoking wood
- Seasoning of your choice
- 1 large white onion, Large Dice
- 1 large carrot, Large Dice
- 2 celery rib, Large Dice
- 3 garlic cloves, whole
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 6 cups chicken stock or low-sodium broth
- 1 bunch thyme sprigs
- 2 rosemary sprigs
- 2 bay leaves
- Stabilize your grill at 250F
- Place you chosen smoking wood in the glowing embers. (We chose Apple for this cook)
- Set up your grill for indirect cooking.
- Season all sides of your shanks (we chose @Atlanta Grill Company, Himalayan Sherpa for this cook)
- Smoke Shanks for 2 to 3 hours
- Place the vegetables in a pan
- place smoked shanks on top of vegetables and add reaming ingredients.
- Cover tray with a lid or aluminum foil
- Return to grill for another 4 to 5 hours until shanks are fork tender and falling apart. (internal temp of 206F)
- (optional) For an amazing sauce:
- Take the meat out (reserve in a warm place), strain the liquid and reduce it by half then add half the vegetables back in and blend together. Season to taste, pour back over the shanks.
Sorry, there are no reviews for this product yet.